Saturday, April 09, 2005

More and more blogs.

As I said in my first post on this blog, I am very busy since the beginning of my MBA. As a consequence, I haven't surf too much on the blogosphere and things have clearly moved fast.

In the business, CEO, top executives and employees are blogging about their companies and jobs, which can lead sometimes to the release of confidential information (aka: Apple trial against a blogger to ask him to reveal his sources). Politicians have embraced blogs as a communication platform but I'm not sure that they are really writing themselves and finally, users with various interests are blogging and creating communities around the web. MBA bloggers are quite strong, as listed on this site and it gives pretty intersting information for would-be MBAs on the school from the inside. I particularly recommend the one from my fellow student Guillaume.

For once, France is not lagging behing. It's even the opposite according to NevOn who reports that newspaper such as Le Monde and Libération are actively using blogs and that the French community on CEO Blogger Club is the second behind the US. Another top French CEO blogger is Michel Edouard Leclerc, CEO of the French retailler Leclerc. I think that's impressive to read lines from the boss of a €28 billion company, in particular because he doesn't hesitate to voice his opinions, like a 'yes' on the EU referundum of May 29.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blogging is certainly growing and becoming more mainstream. It will be interesting to see how the additional usage of RSS feeds and other sydicator sites will affect blogs and media in general.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home