Thursday, January 05, 2006

Return to London

Those holidays were too short! Two weeks was not enough to change my mind but I had a fantastic time in Cameroon. I spent a few days in Douala, the economic capital and then we went to Kribi, a city with amazing beaches just a two-hours drive from Douala. The food was great and the weather was fine. I could not resist posting some pictures below.

Fresh lobsters and fishes grilled on the beach


Not too crowded :)

Pygmy familly in their village


Sunset on the Atlantic

Don't worry, you can still enjoy a Guinness

Yet, it was a bit depressing to see so little progress in Africa. Even in Douala, buildings and roads are in a poor state; corruption is everywhere and there are very few factories (except beer breweries). With little working opportunities, people are creating small businesses and when I mean small, it's a one man operation with a table on the street selling cigarettes and other small items such as the one below.



But Africa is a fantastic place to visit and if you are at the London Business School, I urge you to register with the Africa Club that is organizing a trip to West Africa next Spring. It will be a trip you'll always remember.

2 Comments:

Blogger angie said...

wow, beautiful pictures!! I hope the Africa Club will organize a trip to West Africa in 2007 as well!! Since I'm only joining in September 2007 I guess I have to wait. But West Africa is a place I've wanted to visit for a long time!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Guillaume said...

Of course, you are up for a change with the Bite and the Park Restaurant... :)

G.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home