Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pictures of India

I haven't blogged in ages and I wonder if I still have some readers on that blog. We are now mid-term which means that there just more than one month to go before the end of the MBA...

I still have my head banging with souvenirs from India so I'll post a couple of pictures here but I must already prepare my next trip for this summer (I know, tough life). After some hesitations between South America and South East Asia, we have decided to go to the latter. We are probably going to travel 6-7 weeks between Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. By the way, if you have some tips for this region, please do post them in the comments... I'll let you know more and meanwhile, enjoy some of my pictures from India.


Camel taking some rest between Agra and Jaipur

Stall at local market in small town between Jaipur and Bikaner

Kids posing for the picture between Jaipur and Bikaner

Our car parked Mandawa

Indian fire extinguisher :)

Elephant ridding in a crowded Delhi street

Nice kid in Jodhpur

Elephants for tourists in Amjer fort (Jaipur)

Women carrying water in Jalsaimer desert

Girl drawing off water from the well

The Taj Mahal itself reflecting in a puddle

Care for some spicy food?

Rudimentary camping in the desert in Jalsaimer

Great music (Jalsaimer)

Lake Palace hotel in Udaipur (no we did not stay there)

I have probably over a thousand pictures so I can post some more if you want. For info, I am using either a Digital Canon Powershot SD500 or a old Nikon F-401 loaded with color slides.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures are absolutely amazing! Please post some more :-)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

great pics, and people are indeed reading.

also, if you are in Singapore, let me know and i can probably help you out with the place. i intend to write a small post about my trip to Bangkok, which can give you some insight into what thailand is like.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ricardo said...

Fantastic pics, mate! Would love to see more!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Guillaume said...

Finally! That's great you're posting this beautiful pics.

You managed to create too highg expectations for us to quit visiting your blog.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jeff D said...

Great pics!

I am planning a trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam before spending my fall semester in Tokyo. I'll be doing the trip in late August early September (probably 5-6 weeks) so it might be after yours, but here are some links I've found that might offer you some useful information. FYI, Vietnam is VERY inexpensive.

http://www.backpackthailand.com/home.htm
http://www.railayhighland.com/ (beach houses in Thailand)
http://www.noodlepie.com/ (Blog about Saigon

7:34 PM  
Blogger k said...

thanks guys;
I'll post some more pictures over the couple of days;

Forest, I'd be happy to get some info from you about Singapore as soon as my trip is confirmed

Jeff D, thanks for the links. Indeed, Vietnam is inexpensive (I was there in 2004)

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Fan of Bangkok Hotels said...

I believe that it's great experience of traveling for whoever have traveled in Asia countries because they have learned, appreciated and touched to true cultural human. Those things have made people having opened-mind and worldwide on the point of view.... Thank you for your contribution.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home