Thursday, February 16, 2006

Some MBA news

As reported by fellow blogger The Divine Miss N, the Marquee has been taken down, thus marking the end of the Milkround for internship recruiting. There is nothing to worry about if you did not secure an internship yet, since many offers are still going to come through the Career Services… In my case, I secured an internship in April so, even though it’s easier said than done, there is no need to stress (yet)…

For the second year students, there are no official statistics yet but recruitment seems to be quite good this year. Many second year students have accepted a full time offer and some of them are already working or going to start in a few weeks. My strategy is to start working after the summer break since this is probably the last year where I will be able to take 2 months of vacation!

Concerning the courses, 3 of my 4 classes are very good this term. However, I’m a bit disappointed by my fourth one: the Professor is using cases that are 10 to 15 years old and the lectures are quite boring. This is really a shame since the subject is quite interesting. This poor level of teaching is however an exception at the London Business School where most of the Professors are world class.

I’ve also registered to the VCIC competition that is starting next week. Basically, a team of five students is playing the role of a venture capitalist firm with some money to invest in real businesses. The winner of the internal London Business School competition will go to New York for the semi-finals against top East Coast US Schools. It would be really cool to defend the colors of the School there but let’s not get carried away since there are 18 teams to compete against in the internal round.

Finally, the School has put a link on its web site to some student blogs (including mine). This is cool since it’s increasing my traffic but I just want to highlight that the postings on this blog are reflecting my personal views only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home