Saturday, July 08, 2006

This is over...

Yep, this time it is the end... Yesterday was Congregation day for the Full-Time MBA Program. The closing speech from the Dean Laura Tyson concluded two years of education at the London Business School for me. I hope never to read another business case from now :)

It was a fine day. We were all wearing nice gowns and all went on stage to shake the hand of the Dean and receive a piece of paper saying that we attended the Congregation ceremony. The actual diploma will be sent by post in a couple of weeks.

My parents and girlfriend were here and most of the other students had their families with them. Some students went on stage with their kids, the most impressive being an American girl who went on stage with her twins that she had during the second year. How did she managed to survive, I'll never know!

The mood was a bit darkened by the two minutes of silence to honor the dead of the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London but life has to go on.

So what's next for me? Well, first thing is watching the World Cup Final tomorrow and hope that France will make it... Then, I'm leaving with my girlfriend for Bangkok on Monday for a two months trip in South East Asia. Back in London in September and then one week training in San Francisco for the Consulting company that has hired me. After that, back to Europe for the first consulting project and then, who knows...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff D said...

Congratulations.

Perhaps we will cross paths in Southeast Asia. I'll be headed to Bangkok on August 24th and plan to leave from Hanoi or HCMC on about the 17th of September.

Allez les Bleus!

Regards

Jeff

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations!! :)

If you're going to be in the Philippines before th 15th of August, let me know so I can show you around. I am leaving for London on the 15th!!

Enjoy your upcoming vacation!! :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger k said...

hey,

Jeff: we might actually cross paths. End of August is the end of my trip so I'll be around Bangkok for the flight back to London

Ellen: thanks. It would have been great but I'm not planing to go to the Philippines. Good luck for LBS; I'm sure you will love your time there

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jeff D said...

Cool, I'll post a note as to where I'll be staying and the dates I'll be there.

First round is on me if we meet up!

Jeff

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi son,
I'd like to leave some words on your blog saying that we are very proud of you and it's been a great pleasure for us, your Mom and I, being at your Congregation Day.
Once again, congratulations and enjoy your vacation with Fred, both of you deserve it.
Dad

5:40 PM  
Anonymous mars said...

interesting blog. I wonder what you are currently up to because I really enjoyed your style of writing.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home